Sure it’s an honor just to be nominated, but I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve won something!
The Liebster Award is to the Blogosphere what the Academy Awards are to the movie industry. And, as the Academy Award winners are nominated by their cinematic peers, the Liebster Award is conferred by fellow bloggers. And without all of those pesky paparazzi…
In accepting this award, I must thank the giver, add the award to my blog, list five things about myself people don’t know and select up to five bloggers to whom I want to give the Liebster Blog Award.
I was honored to receive it from Vivian Kirkfield, author of the inspiring and insightful blog, Positive Parental Participation. I owe her many thanks for her all of the support. Just when I start to think that I am speaking into a void, Vivian’s voice comes through loud and clear, reminding me that I have an audience and to keep the blog posts coming. Further, she is a font of information on fabulous children’s books and child-friendly activities that I cannot find anywhere else.
Now for five things about myself that people don’t know:
- I’m not a fan of bubble baths. Never was. Never will be.
- I know it’s not healthy, but the only way I like to eat fish is battered and deep-fried, served with greasy chips and wrapped in newspaper.
- Every winter, I buy the makings for homemade rye bread and every spring, I find them shoved towards the back of the bottom shelf in my pantry.
- I will never get tired of watching “Miss Congeniality”.
- The day they find out that chocolate causes cancer, I’m cashing in my chips.
In turn, I would like to bestow this award to the following bloggers:
- Moyra Gorski for her blog, My Living Better in which she provides frequent, pertinent healthy living information and tips. Plus, she’s an amazing woman who doesn’t just sell it, she lives it – everyday.
- Amy Bordini for her blog, Don’t Stamp the Baby – finding poetry in everyday life is truly a gift. Not only are Amy’s posts lyrical, they make me smile and remind me to slow down and appreciate my surroundings.
- Karen Putz for her blog, A Deaf Mom Shares Her World – while I typically crave peace and quiet, Karen is a courageous woman and an amazing writer who lives in a sound-less world whether she likes it or not, displaying grace, style and vigor at every turn.
- Beth Adlrich for her blog, Real Moms Love to Eat – not only does Beth teach moms that it’s all right to celebrate their love affair with food and still be healthy (check out her book here), I happen to know that she is one generous soul – quick to encourage, share her expertise and give struggling writers a boost of confidence just when they need it the most (yes, I speak from experience).
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m hoping to catch Meryl for an autograph…
One thought on “Walking the Virtual Red Carpet”
I am humbled. As always I chuckle while I read. Carry on my friend and keep writing.